Wyrmkeep Entertainment Board
January 17, 2021, 08:38:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Patreon for Inherit the Earth:Sand and Shadows launched!

Our sites: Wyrmkeep Entertainment Home   Inherit the Earth Comic   Mole's Quest   The Labyrinth of Time
   Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Music? (General)  (Read 33577 times)
pinkgothic

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2005, 07:08:14 PM »

Something I can't seem to find in the credits: Where is the game music from? huh

Also, I can't seem to post in the general Labyrinth of Time board ("Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum"), so please excuse the post in the bug board, it's definitely not a bug... Cheesy *very much enjoys the music*
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 07:09:18 PM by pinkgothic » Logged
WyrmMaster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 04:05:37 PM »

This thread has been moved to the General The Labyrinth of Time Forum now that the permissions are fixed.

Now on the primary question: The music is the game was licensed from a stock music company, which is why there are no credits.

pinkgothic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 03:04:25 AM »

Thanks for fixing the permissions. Smiley

Pity there's no credits, some of the tracks are really good (IMO). Well chosen, anyway. Tongue Thanks for your help!
woxel1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 02:45:56 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up WyrmMaster! That is something that has always bothered me since... well... there's this episode of Spongebob Squarepants called "Hall Monitor" that uses a snippet of music that is also heard in TLOT. In fact, the episode in question was on this Very Morning. Spooky.
pinkgothic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 06:39:23 PM »

Spooky indeed. Shocked

I was wondering, is there means to record the music into mp3 files? Or otherwise listen to it whilst doing something other than playing the game on the PC? I'd really like that.

Note that I have both the original BACKGROU and the new one (double size), so a solution for either would work for me.
woxel1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 10:12:33 PM »

There's a progam on Mac OS X that allows you to record system audio. I was planning on recording LOT's "soundtrack" (once the darn thing comes in the mail!), but as far as posting to the interwebs it it's up to the WyrmMaster, I guess.
eriktorbjorn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 12:17:09 AM »

I was wondering, is there means to record the music into mp3 files? Or otherwise listen to it whilst doing something other than playing the game on the PC? I'd really like that.
I believe the music is simply stored as uncompressed 16-bit audio data (8-bit in the original?), but I don't remember if it's signed or unsigned, and I don't know the sample frequency.

pinkgothic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 07:47:50 PM »

I was able to extract the music and now have it so I can listen to it when I'm doing something else, too. I used a little program called Loop Recorder in case someone wants to do as I did - it was very useful in the process, it's availible on download.com Smiley I'm excited to finally have that music, though. It makes for a great RPing atmosphere. Tongue  
Corvus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 12:09:28 PM »

I was able to extract the music and now have it so I can listen to it when I'm doing something else, too. I used a little program called Loop Recorder in case someone wants to do as I did - it was very useful in the process, it's availible on download.com Smiley I'm excited to finally have that music, though. It makes for a great RPing atmosphere. Tongue
Unfortunately, when I searched for Loop Reader, I only found "Live 5.0.1".  If I were to supply you with my email, could I convince you to use Yousendit.com to send the program to me?  I've wanted the Labyrinth music for years.
pinkgothic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2005, 02:27:27 AM »

Unfortunately, when I searched for Loop Reader, I only found "Live 5.0.1".  If I were to supply you with my email, could I convince you to use Yousendit.com to send the program to me?  I've wanted the Labyrinth music for years.
Oh, definitely. No problem. Smiley
pinkgothic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005, 05:32:25 AM »

Well, until then Tongue you could try your luck yourself: http://www.download.com/Loop-Recorder/3000...tml?tag=lst-0-1
Corvus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2005, 07:48:56 AM »

Hmm.  I thought I sent you a PM with my email address several days ago.  Did it not go through?
pinkgothic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2005, 02:10:13 PM »

You sent me an eMail, not a PM Smiley I did get that. It's just an eMail address I don't check much. No, the comment was in regards to my lack of luck with YouSendIt.com Tongue Will be uploading the tracks to a temporary location of my own tomorrow or on tuesday. Smiley
Corvus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2005, 07:44:15 PM »

You sent me an eMail, not a PM Smiley I did get that. It's just an eMail address I don't check much. No, the comment was in regards to my lack of luck with YouSendIt.com Tongue Will be uploading the tracks to a temporary location of my own tomorrow or on tuesday. Smiley
D'oh!  Well, at least it got through.  cheesy  
ShadowMan
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2005, 11:04:08 PM »

I've already ripped the entire Labyrinth of Time soundtrack and separated it into the different songs. If anyone wants one, feel free to contact me via AIM.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: