• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

Guide content?

Started by FallenWolf, Jun 02, 2004, 03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenWolf

Hello guys :)

So, this shall be the first post on this board. Hope here will be some more traffic soon ^^

So, what does the game guide contain? Some more details would be nice cause shipping it from the usa to germany is not that fast, cheap and comfortable to just "test" it..

Ooh and something else. Does the Windows 95 version work with windows XP?

And well, is there some kind of artwork from ITE? Prints? Charakter guides? Something? :D

Thanks

~FallenWolf

WyrmMaster

The Adventurers Guide contains a complete walkthrough of the game, a collection of tips on interesting things in the game, other background information, about a dozen illustrations of the major characters (almost all of which are new for the Guide), and some storyboard art from the original game design documents.

There have been second-hand reports of people getting the DOS ("Windows 95") version to run under Windows XP, but no one has supplied us with the formula to make this work. We haven't been able to do it.

We are considering an art portfolio.

Hope this information helps everyone.

FallenWolf

Well yes, i mixed something up - you already released the xp-version  :rolleyes:
I can defenitely say, that the DOS-Version DOES work on all windows platforms, BUT...
... you need alot of skill and knowledge about DOS-Emulators. This programs let the running program think, that there is DOS running on the System.

I didnt manage but, but anyway - it does work... ;)

Do you have an idea when the portfolio could be released?

Mira

QuoteWe are considering an art portfolio.
I would most definately buy an art portfolio!!!! :D

FallenWolf

I think i would buy quite alot of stuff from ITE if there would be something!!! ;)

I am hunting for stuff for ages, but there is noething to find...

Mira

I think i would buy quite alot of stuff from ITE if there would be something!!! ;)

I am hunting for stuff for ages, but there is noething to find...
oyyyy tell me about it!

Mmmm...off-topic, but it just occured to me.  What is Wyrmkeep's policy on fanart?   :P  

WyrmMaster

We're contemplating our policy on fan art. It will probably fall someone between/around the following two examples:

http://www.sjgames.com/general/online_policy.html
http://www.wolfmovie.com/subpage/usage/usage.html

We'll post something in the Announcements forum when we have a something definite.    

FallenWolf

So that does mean, there really IS fanart from ITE? If that's true, a gallery will be really necessary for the page ;) of course with the copyright stuff.. but i'd really want to see it  :D

Or does/will the portfolio contain the fanart too? or just official art? ^^

Mira

QuoteSo that does mean, there really IS fanart from ITE?
Not that I know of...yet. ^_^ I asked so I'd know before I drew any! *^_^*

WyrmMaster

Since the Wyrmkeep site doesn't currently have a fan art page, it would appear that no one has thought about fan art. That will probably change now.   ;)

Back to the art portfolio: We were thinking of something containing new illustrations by artists who worked on the original game. Note that this is just in the planning stage.

FallenWolf

So that means you're an artist? ^^
What the heck are you waiting for...??? :D *grins*

Mira

QuoteSo that means you're an artist? ^^
What the heck are you waiting for...??? :D *grins*
*giggle* I'm waiting until after my graduation/18th birthday/party.  Sooo, if I start anything, it'll have to be after this weekend. ^_^;;

Yes, I'm an artist. :)  I have some stuff on DeviantART, as well as my ownwebsite. :)

EDIT: I'm also waiting for my muse to give me a kick in the rear.  I want to go through the game and take screenshots of all the characters I'd feel like drawing before I get started. :)  Heeere muse, muse!  ;)  

FallenWolf

Oooh nice nice.. i like the "links" button *grins*

I am on deviantart too, but i am just a German (adult) story writer... so it should be hard for you to read my stories ;)

So your 18th birthday is this weekend? Thats nice! come here and we can celebrate some! :D

I'd love to see much much more fanart of ITE, but i'd be specially interested in the original character scetches or stuff like that... ;)

Mira

*giggle* A friend of mine did most of the icons on the left-hand side, but I'll pass along the compliment.  B)

Actually, today's my birthday. ^_^  I have graduation practice today, the actual graduation tomorrow, and my party on Saturday.  So things are about to get BUSY.

I'll see what I can do.  :P

FallenWolf

Well, i wish you a happy birthday then! :D
Have a nice day and enjoy the party!! ^^

So, you mean the avatars here in the forum or in game? (in game would be really coool :P)