• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

New story comic strip : Fierce

Started by light wolf, Feb 10, 2018, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

light wolf

Nice job for this new story. I hope we will really enjoy it.

Especially as Shiala is my favorite among all the ITE game secondary characters.

light wolf

So, Wrah is back too for this story !

When I finished ITE game (years ago), I was wondering what this wolf has become
(perhaps not just recovering after being punched by Okk in a Bud Spencer style !)

cairn destop

An interesting start to this story.  The she-wolf seems to be the Alpha female though I'm not sure where she stands in her tribe.  Is Gar in her tribe or a competing one?  That might have been clarified in the game.  Wrah's status is also ambiguous at this point.  He seems to be the tribal bad boy and a thorn in Shiala's side.

Again, something our writers have forgotten.  Not everyone played the game.  The writer's assume we know the backstory and that is an error.  I'm hoping they will enlighten us without cryptic clues that requires knowledge of the game.
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

cairn destop

Unless the comic strip will explain what those on the quest did in the game to Gar, the authors have made an error.  Never assume all your readers are familiar with the game.  Sometimes you need to give additional background information.

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

cairn destop

Have always wondered if anyone outside those on the quest knew the fate of the Orb of Storms.  Our wolf might not know, but today's strip does hint that some suspect.  Still wonder when the High Priestess will have her tail put through the ringer for blackmailing all the tribal leaders.

WyrmMaster

Hopefully by the end of the story enough background information will be filled-in to make the story understandable (and enjoyable) without completely spoiling the last part of the game.

cairn destop

I'm curious to know what a hydroelectric power plant can do in a feudal setting.  There doesn't seem to be any electrical devices and the batteries seem to hold their power with no degeneration. 

Might be more of an irrigation system and flood control.  With the drought, wonder if the water has receded enough to cease generation.  The drought does have one benefit for the dam.  Lower water levels give those running the dam a chance to remove the debris that has built up over the years.

light wolf

Seems to me there is just a little mistake...
The Orb of Storm is blue. Purple is for the Orb of Hands, isn'it ?

WyrmMaster

Quote from: light wolf on Apr 27, 2018, 11:37 PM
Seems to me there is just a little mistake...
The Orb of Storm is blue. Purple is for the Orb of Hands, isn'it ?

Hum. You might be right there. I may have given the artist the wrong image from ITE:QTFO to work with. Let me see about fixing that if it's wrong.

cairn destop

Hum. You might be right there. I may have given the artist the wrong image from ITE:QTFO to work with. Let me see about fixing that if it's wrong.

Ah the bane of any series writer, continuety.  Saw the note about the strip of 5/17/18.  There are observant readers and they do call you out on such things.

cairn destop

Didn't I say that sooner or later the secret regarding the orb's fate would become known?  Will now wait to see the repercussions. 

Will our two wolves spread the secret beyond North Island?
Would our high priestess be willing to kill to maintain the illusion that she has the orb?
Will somebody try to recover the orb?
Will any of the morph leaders seek vengeance for the extortion paid to the priestess?

cairn destop

Regarding the strip of 7/11/18

Looks like our guy just got shot down.  Bad enough she said no, but than to laugh at him.  Can you say humiliation?  Quick exit stage left.

cairn destop

And the story ends.  Or does it?  Our writers have left us with a double cliffhanger.  Number one is obvious. Will our lady ever be tempted to accept the title of chief?  Number two is the fate of our departing wolf.  Will he find whatever he seeks or will those he wishes to evade be drawn to him like a magnet?

Now we wait for the next adventure.

Looking back it saddens me that nobody thought the story worthy of comment.  Let's hope for more reader input with the next one.