Wyrmkeep Entertainment Board
December 04, 2020, 12:11:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Patreon for Inherit the Earth:Sand and Shadows launched!

Our sites: Wyrmkeep Entertainment Home   Inherit the Earth Comic   Mole's Quest   The Labyrinth of Time
   Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who'd like to start an ItE RPthread?
Start it on this forum - 2 (50%)
Start it on another forum with a link there - 2 (50%)
Don't start it at all - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ItE RPG  (Read 19957 times)
Oxanna
« on: December 14, 2007, 10:44:19 PM »

I thought of starting an ItE RPthread. It wouldn't be necessary to play the game to understand it; although there will, of course, be references to things that happened in the game, and the same places will be used, and perhaps the odd character or two. But the game won't be necessary.
I know of some people on another forum who'd join in already...

My nefarious reasons: a) it would be fun. b) it will increase traffic on the forum. b.a) it might - just might - attract more people to buy the game.

*Ahem*
So all those in favour of an ItE RPthread, stick up your paws!
Oxanna
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 10:20:59 PM »

Further I'd just like to ask WyrmMaster if it's okay.

[lost puppy look]Is it okay, WyrmMaster?[/lost puppy look]
Oxanna
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 03:59:50 AM »

Oh, well, I started the thread on another forum: http://rhjunior.com/phpBB2//viewtopic.php?p=22069#22069
Feel free to join; actually, it would be nice to have some people playing who actually know something about the game, besides WolfieInu. Wink
WyrmMaster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 09:51:11 PM »

Sorry I couldn't reply before you created the topic on another forum. It would have been OK to host it here, but somewhere else is fine too.
Oxanna
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 10:13:58 PM »

Oh, well, thanks!
Actually, a guy on the other forum said it might be a good idea to start one here as well, so, with your permission which I have just receive Wink, I think I will! (But I'll leave out the explanatory paragraph, because I'd hope people on this forum know what Inherit the Earth is  cheesy)
Lymril

Of course I'm THAT Lymril!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 09:13:21 PM »

It doesn't look like much is happening on this web site, but I've read what's on RH Junior.  I've never been involved in an RP before.  Are there any rules or do you just write whatever you please while trying to play well with others?

Some like it FURRY!
Visit #SoftPaws on FurNet IRC
General chat and light role play.
Channel Rating: MW (Mostly Worksafe)
www.furnet.org
Oxanna
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 10:15:56 PM »

S'far as I see, there are no rules except keeping it family friendly enough. You know, no blood&gore, although we might have the occasional fight, and no romance. =P
This is my first RPthread, so I'm not so sure of what I'm doing, either, but as I have it it's like a story one person starts and another goes on. For instance:

A: I walk around the corner, and what do you think I see? I see...B!
B: Hi, A! I shake A's hand and we go on together.
C: Meanwhile, I'm lurking the forest with my henchmen.
D: Unsuspecting, I come through the forest.
C: My henchmen and I rob D. But wait - what's that? A and B are running at us, wielding swords!
etc, etc.
Lymril

Of course I'm THAT Lymril!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 10:32:56 PM »

Sounds a lot like what goes on in the RP rooms on FurNet.  I don't know how they keep things coordinated so well, sometimes.  I rarely join them because they tend to get annoyed when NPC's suddenly pop in and say 'hi'.

No romance, eh?  Well, I can see the sense of that when you've got several people playing and everybody gets tired of the hugging and smooching dominating the RP.

Anyway, thanks for the info.  I'll hovering around somewhere.   smiley

Lym

Some like it FURRY!
Visit #SoftPaws on FurNet IRC
General chat and light role play.
Channel Rating: MW (Mostly Worksafe)
www.furnet.org
WolfieInu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 03:40:42 AM »

I think the only rule is that you can't "think" on behalf of someone else, you have to stay within your POV. Might be wrong about this tho, or maybe it varies between threads.

Shiba Inu: Today the local ecosystem, tomorrow the world!
Oxanna
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 07:09:23 AM »

Quote from: Lymril
I rarely join them because they tend to get annoyed when NPC's suddenly pop in and say 'hi'.
Heh. Don't worry, we won't get annoyed. There are only four players so far, for goodness' sakes! Wink
Marcus Wulf

To err is human, to feel is Morph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 11:03:56 PM »

Cool! I've joined, prepare for trouble (make it double), Marcus Wulf has joined the Adventure.

Why are batteries never included?
Why do they charge GST all the damn time?
Why do they always use chicken salt and forget the gravy?
Why don't I ever stop complaining? Why? Because I'm a demented anthromorphic fuzzy freak. 0_o
Oxanna
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 11:07:28 AM »

Heh. You've gone to the right forum if you want to create trouble! cheesy
Check out my topic "Live long and prosp... no wait, I'm saying hello" and a few other Mortal Wombat threads, incl. the one under "other". You're welcome to join - or create a new intro thread - if you like. smiley
Marcus Wulf

To err is human, to feel is Morph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 04:45:50 PM »

Thankz Oxanna, and... could I tag along with you and RedTail Fox? I don't like being a loner. Sad

Why are batteries never included?
Why do they charge GST all the damn time?
Why do they always use chicken salt and forget the gravy?
Why don't I ever stop complaining? Why? Because I'm a demented anthromorphic fuzzy freak. 0_o
Oxanna
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 09:26:25 PM »

Sure you can!
btw, maybe we should go on in the OOC thread, I'd like to increase my post count on that forum a little. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: