• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

New Inherit the Earth Kickstarter is live!

Started by WyrmMaster, Jul 15, 2014, 10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyrmMaster

The Kickstarter to fund Inherit the Earth: Sand and Shadows, the adventure game sequel to Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb is now live!

Please visit the Kickstarter project page for information about the game, reward tiers, and more.

Diavolo

Good luck!

200.000+ for german (or multilanguage) speech output version?  :huh: Give me a week, i sell my father's house then ;)
thx for my avatar to Tacimur

WyrmMaster

Don't sell that house yet. That Stretch Goal says "in-game text" (which includes dialogue) not voice-overs. And yes, we do plan to add a Stretch Goal for funding localized voice-overs, but let's get the base funding and some other goals out of the way first!

wwwolf

Best of luck -- I put my money in.

I'm not sure what you're doing for advertising though.  I only heard about the new Kickstarter by sheer luck (I found out about the previous one a day after it was cancelled).  I was hoping you'd be hyping it up for at least a month or two before starting.  I'm sure there are a ton of people who'd be happy to support, but haven't a clue this is happening.

PhantomSheep

Yeah it looks like the pledges are only trickling in, and there's a ways to go! I don't know anything about digital marketing though, so I have no advice. Just keeping my fingers crossed, hah.

Diavolo

Hmmm, 16k / 160k $ reached
1-2k $ each day
25 days to go
= :angry:

Looks bad till now :(

Maybe we need the fathers-house-joker

cc

I'll see if I can get some people to contribute.

Found this in the latest newsletter: "We have an outline of a design for a sequel to The Labyrinth of
Time and expect that this would be our next project after Inherit the
Earth: Sand and Shadows. It would not be hyperbole to say the
development of a sequel to The Labyrinth of Time is dependant on a
successful funding drive for the Inherit the Earth sequel.

We are considering a reward tier for the Inherit the Earth sequel
funding drive specially for The Labyrinth of Time fans -- five
wallpapers featuring scenes from important locations from around the
Labyrinth. We would like to know if having such a tier would be of interest."

I reckon that having such a tier would be a great idea.

WyrmMaster

Quote from: cc on Aug 01, 2014, 05:36 PM
We are considering a reward tier for the Inherit the Earth sequel
funding drive specially for The Labyrinth of Time fans -- five
wallpapers featuring scenes from important locations from around the
Labyrinth. We would like to know if having such a tier would be of interest."

I reckon that having such a tier would be a great idea.

I have had only one thumbs-up to this suggestion. As I may add a new tier this week, maybe I'll make it two new tiers instead :)

Diavolo

THIS new style looks so many much better than the childish one before. Great Job! :mellow:
Now they look fluffy und and adorable, I like Rif's and Rhene's black arms and legs :wub:

Edit: I saw the animation now. Rhene is great but eeh, Rif... no way. He is going like a woman and need he a little bit more muscles. He has to thin arms, in the comics he had more muscles :) An his stomach looks strange.

Cobra

Bummer, shame it didn't make it. This and the ReVamp of Night Trap are two Kickstarters I would have loved to see materialise.

It did do significantly better than the ITE2 Kickstarter the year before though... maybe better luck next year?