• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

Inherit the Earth 2 Updates

Started by WyrmMaster, Apr 13, 2012, 04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyrmMaster

Some pre-production work on Inherit the Earth 2 has been completed.

As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, I put aside one design for the second game in lieu of something simpler, but hopefully still interesting. I can now say that the new design is almost complete. More importantly, the design is complete enough to proceed to next steps.

Concept art based on the new design is in-progress.

I will be starting work on dialogue for the first section of the game.

I hope to have more news around the time of Califur in early June. At some point I will start tweeting development updates.

That's all for now!

theruler

WyrmMaster

The design for Inherit the Earth 2 is complete except for some puzzles that require final determination of engine features.

A writer should be working on the script by the end of September.

FallenWolf

Wohaa, that sounds... good! Well, long time gone, eh? :)

theruler

Great news. Thank you for the reply.
Sorry if I it has already been mentioned but, have you ever thought about Kickstarting the project?

JSM3050

That's great news!!

Have you guys already picked out voice actors or are you waiting until the script is finished?

WyrmMaster

Quote from: JSM3050 on Oct 04, 2012, 11:25 PM
Have you guys already picked out voice actors or are you waiting until the script is finished?

I don't expect we will be looking for voice actors until we start production. We will try to hire some of the original voice actors if the budget allows.

We may create some pre-production trailers/teasers/whatever, in which case our voice actor needs may change.

WyrmMaster

Quote from: theruler on Sep 18, 2012, 07:49 AM
Sorry if I it has already been mentioned but, have you ever thought about Kickstarting the project?

Oh, yes  :mellow:

hazel_fae

YES! Do a kickstarter! :D All of us ITE fan kiddies are grown up and have incomes now. ;)

FallenWolf

WyrmMaster

A short update: I have a writer lined-up. Currently working on preparing promotional materials for a funding campaign.

WyrmMaster

You wanted it, you got it!

We have announced a Kickstarter funding campaign for Inherit the Earth 2. Visit the Kickstarter project page to learn more!

Diavolo

Nice!

I follow this forum and the comic since years. I hope you get enough money to make the next part (I spend 25 $ :)).

A german Version would be great. "Erben der Erde" had a very great synchro. :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOAnYfYfrDM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM7sgOHIV_4

What, if you don't hit the 135.000$ with kickstarter? Is there also a chance, that you can make a new part or ist the project dead then?
thx for my avatar to Tacimur

WyrmMaster

I have started to work on the pieces to put together a new Kickstarter for Inherit the Earth 2. As it needs to be done right on this second attempt, I will be taking my time to get all the content needed correct. Therefore, it is going to be a few months in future.

One important change is that I won't be springing this Kickstarter on everyone without warning! There will be announcements and some advertizing before the launch date.

WyrmMaster

I am currently working on the game mock-up for the next funding drive. An artists is creating the character animations for the mock-up.

Also, I may create a separate Inherit the Earth 2 forum on this board. If I do, I will move this topic to that forum.