Wyrmkeep Entertainment Board
December 11, 2019, 12:08:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Patreon for Inherit the Earth:Sand and Shadows launched!

Our sites: Wyrmkeep Entertainment Home   Inherit the Earth Comic   Mole's Quest   The Labyrinth of Time
   Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost my old copy of ITE  (Read 12028 times)
tomiturner

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2007, 01:39:51 AM »

im so sad i lost my old copy of ite, its one of my favourite games of all time. id buy it again but i dont like buying things over the internet... Sad Sad Sad
JSM3050

Orb of Creation

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 12:16:29 PM »

Did your old copy even still work on your current computer?
Darvon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 10:10:39 PM »

Hehe.. JSM3050 posts a good point.. Why keep something if you can't use it? cheesy

"True talent develops from those who have the courage to stand up against all odds, even when knowing full well that they might have a very limited chance of succeeding." -Darvon
WyrmMaster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 11:19:37 AM »

im so sad i lost my old copy of ite, its one of my favourite games of all time. id buy it again but i dont like buying things over the internet... Sad Sad Sad

Kagi allows purchasing of Wyrmkeep Entertainment products with cash or money orders.

Kagi Store

Does that help?
Gaara

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 12:44:51 AM »

In addition there is support for the original DOS version of ITE with ScummVM http://www.scummvm.org
I have the orginal floppy and CD versions, but I will buy the updated version soon to replace them Cheesy
Knux the Fox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 03:02:47 AM »

I have the version for WinXP.....  I'm trying to find a version that will work on ScummVM so that I can play it on other systems.  I'd kill to be able to play ITE on my DS.  Of course, I'd need some extra hardware to put ScummVM on it.  But I also have my Dreamcast, which I do know how to burn games to, and is fairly portable.  Is there a way to get ahold of an old copy of ITE?  Or is there a way I can make my version so it will run on ScummVM?
WyrmMaster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 11:00:58 AM »

I believe ScummVM supports our Windows (and Mac and Linux) releases of ITE.
Knux the Fox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 04:45:49 PM »

Thanks.  I just figured that out, today....if only I had kept better check on this forum.  Through the Windows XP version of ITE, I found I can choose between either the Windows CD version, Windows Demo version, or the original DOS CD version, which I just played from beginning to end, today.  Love it.  I used a soundpack, because, though I love XG midi, my soundcard doesn't support it.  The soundpack seemed to cause some strain on my ears when my speakers screeched at a certain part of the BGM that plays at Tycho's and Elara's sister's house.  I'm sure the Roland XG softsynth would've sounded great....  I posted a couple videos from ITE on YouTube.  Check them out through user, me, knuxthefox.
Gaara

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 10:06:56 PM »

Knux, yeah there is a problem inherent with those locations when using scummvm, I havent the new wyrmkeep version of the game to test the updated game and see if the sound occurs with the same settings. There is a thread about it in the bugtracking sections of the scummvm forum thing. But as yet it has remained unresolved. It is merely an issue with certain sound system settings iirc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: